Last updated Wednesday 1st September
From the beginning of September 2021, we are returning to a more full schedule of regular worship services. Our news sheet is always the best place to find week by week listings.
Studley and Mappleborough churches will be holding regular services at 10am every week except for the 5th Sunday of the month.
We continue to take necessary Covid precautions:
- We encourage people to continue wearing masks, though this is not mandatory. At larger services, will ask all who are not exempt to do so.
- For some services, seating will remain spaced further apart and there will be increased ventilation.
- When hospitality is resumed, we will ensure that there is minimal handling of items by different people and will encourage people to limit their mingling.
- Communion will continue to be served by intinction (dipping the wafer in wine) rather than using the common cup.
- Please do not attend if you have tested positive, have symptoms or have been in close proximity to someone with Covid.
Please note that online streaming will continue from some services, and therefore if you are not happy being visible or audible in the video, you should talk to a welcomer or duty warden to discuss where to sit.
Church Online (Go)
We may not be in our buildings, but we are continuing to worship together and support one another in many other ways, including online. Our 10 am Sunday service as well as mid-week prayer is broadcast live from homes around the benefice. See online services for more details.
Faith at Home (Go)
We’ve always been 24/7 Christians, but being in lockdown does make it harder in some ways to grow and express our faith. On the other hand, for many of us, it can actually increase the opportunities. Here are some resources and ideas for things we can all be doing to come out of this time stronger in faith in God, deeper in love with Jesus, and more full of the Holy Spirit.
We may be isolated from one another physically, but in many ways, we’ve never been better connected. All members of our churches who have given their permission to be contacted and would like to, are receiving regular phone calls from our wider ministry team. Many households are also meeting up online informally or as part of a larger group to socialise, to pray and to support one another.
If you aren’t connected in to any of the above, please contact our Rector Kate or Curate Dan, who are also available to talk with anyone who would like to. They are also continuing to provide graveside and crematorium funerals, within the constraints of the current rules. We can also discuss ideas with you for memorial services, baptisms and weddings for when restrictions are lifted.